Welcome to the North East Lancashire Coach Rambles
WE ARE BACK RAMBLING
The coaches will pick up passengers at various locations throughout North East Lancashire including Darwen, Blackburn and several location within Hyndburn and the Ribble Valley. A separate coach collects walkers in the Burnley, Nelson and Colne area. Click on the Coach Ramble date for exact details of pickup times.
Coach Rambles are open to everyone, and we always like to encourage new walkers. You can walk with us on three rambles without being a Ramblers member but after that we would like you to join.
To book your place on the coach please ring Christine on 01254 236068 Monday to Friday from 9am to 9pm.
or Buy a Ticket online BUY TICKET
We are pleased that we can offer three walks each month. The D walk is approx. 6 miles, C walk is approx. 8 miles and the B walk is approx. 10 miles. Currently there are no leaders for a longer A party walk. For the ascents, terrain and number of stiles etc. we use easy, moderate and strenuous to indicate the level of difficulty of a walk.
Latest Information from the Ramblers Central Office
Dated 8th June 2021
The UK government roadmap for lifting lockdown means people in England can now walk together outside. Ramblers group walks and volunteer activities can also resume, following Covid-secure guidance.
If you're in an area where the new COVID-19 variant is spreading, the government is advising that where possible you should try to minimise travel in and out of these areas.
Walking with family & friends: Groups of up to thirty can get together for informal walks.
Ramblers group walks: Covid-secure group walks are classified by the UK government as ‘organised physical activities’ and can take place in any number – please check with your local group. Car-sharing and coach rambles can resume.
North Easst Lancashire Area Coach Ramblers Secretary
We have been following Government advice and we continue to do so. Our top priority is protecting the health of our members, volunteers and the general public. We also want to help suppress the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
Here will find all you need to know about us, our walks and, importantly, how to join in.
To join us just check out the trip and if it looks like fun then book.
Coach Fare Adult £16.00 Child £8.00
A quick summary of what we are all about would be:
- Coach trip once a month where you can forget the driving and the parking.
- Destinations include The Lakes, Derbyshire, Yorkshire Dales or North Yorkshire Moors. There is an occasional trip to Wales together with some closer to home.
- Four led walks for all abilities when leaders are available.
A grade: 12, sometimes 14 or more, miles with significant gradient
B grade: about 10 miles with moderate gradient
C grade: about 8 miles. Similar to the B with less climbing
D grade: 6 or 7 miles. There could be the odd hill but there will always be enough time to tackle them.
- Independant walkers are welcome and catered for.
- Two coaches with pick-up points through-out East Lancashire.
- Depending on the season, there will be between 6 and 8 hours at the destination . Most walks are timed to give an hour of exploration in the town / village before the coaches leave.
- Total cost is £16 for adults and £8.00 for children.
- To book your place on the coach please ring Christine on 01254 236068 Monday to Friday from 9am to 9pm.
- On line booking is now available. Go to the Buy Ticket Link
- Check out the Latest Newsletter for current information
The Ramblers' Association is a company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales. Company registration no. 4458492. Registered charity, England & Wales no. 1093577, Scotland no. SC039799.