Every group needs a few but we try to keep them to a minimum.
- You can cancel up to 9pm on the Sunday 7 days prior to the trip. For those individuals, although there is no refund, you can carry your booking forward to one of the next two available trips but you must specify which trip when cancelling and cannot cancel a second time.
- If you cancel after the deadline or do not show up on the day you will lose your money. This is due to the fact that we have committed to a specific size of coach.
- On the day you need to be on time at your pickup point. On the outward journey the coaches will only wait a few minutes for late arrivals. For the return journey please arrive at the coaches 10mins early.
- You must not walk in front of the walk leader. There may be safety instructions during the walk which you need to be aware of. Leaders pioneer and risk assess each route but their experience may mean that they need to respond to changes on the day.
- If you want to do a self-guided walk then you must tell the Courier or Coach Secretary. You will be given a coach ramble contact number. It is important for safety reasons that independent walkers leave details of your names, a brief route or map and a contact mobile number with the Coach Secretary or Coach Courier as we need this information in case of an incident. All those doing their own independent walk must get off at the same stops as our leaders or the final destination and leave for the homeward journey from the destination.
- Whilst on your led walk you are covered by the Ramblers Association Civil Liability Insurance to a maximum of £10,000,000. This protects you from others when you are negligent by,for example, leaving a gate open where animals escape, crashing into another walker and injuring them or, as a leader, just getting lost.
- Walkers undertaking taster walks are only covered by our insurance for their first 3 walks. In order for insurance to continue you must become a member.
- Your coach journey is covered by our coach company’s Public Liabilty insurance provided that, whilst the coach is moving, you remain seated with your seatbelt fastened. This cover is just for mistakes made by them; incidents involving a third party (e.g., a crash) would be subject to the usual rules of vehicle insurance and blame.
- Medical and Personal Accident cover is not included.
- Your journey to and from the coach stop, time spent at the morning stop and after your walk is not covered.
Insurance and Dogs
- Incidences caused by dogs are NOT covered by the Ramblers insurance. Responsibility for the dogs behaviour and insurance lies with the dog owner who must ensure that their dog remains under close control. In most cases this will mean being on a lead.
Insurance and Leaders
You will always be covered by our Civil Liability Insurance provided:
- The activity is an official Ramblers activity organised by a Group or Area committee.
- The walk is led or organised by a Ramblers member and/or a volunteer registered by Ramblers staff.
- The walk is publicised, as a Ramblers activity, in advance in at least one of: Group Walks Finder, a printed programme or the Group/Area website.
- The walk is brought to the attention of the Programme Coordinator, who is ideally confident in the Leaders ability to lead the walk.
- The walk has a nominated Leader , and ideally a backmarker, who are both members and who ideally (together, or separately) have recced the walk.
It is the Coach Secretary's job to ensure that these points are always true. To minimise problems though we need to make sure that a walk can be, and is, adapted to suit the weather and that we make an assessment of a walk’s attendees’ abilities.