Key Covid Requirements
Before the Walk
- All Walk Leaders' have indicated that they are ready to lead.
- All Walk Leaders are recorded as a Ramblers volunteer.
- The risks will be managed by completing a risk assessment for each walk.
- Ensure group size is appropriate – by providing information ahead of the walk and putting systems in place to manage numbers on the day.
- Provide info to walkers to manage expectations and personal safety.
You are asked to wear a mask when boarding and leaving the coach and standing in the aisle. Once you are seated (with the seat belt fastenened which is a legal requirement) you may remove your mask.
During the Walk
- A Record of those attending the walk will be kept for 21 days to support NHS contact tracing.
- Walk Leader will be prepared to manage incidents by carrying a face covering.
- Facemasks must be worn if entering retail premises.
- As a group – we will be following the government guidelines on social contact & physical distancing.
After the Walk
- Continue to maintain physical distancing, including in any facilities where groups of people congregate.
- Remind anyone who develops symptoms within 48 hours of the walk to apply for a COVID-19 test, and to support NHS contact tracing if requested.