Welcome to the North East Lancashire Coach Rambles
We have been following Government advice and we continue to do so. Our top priority is protecting the health of our members, volunteers and the general public. We also want to help suppress the spread of the COVID-19 virus. This is to update you on what the Ramblers is doin.
Ramblers GB is suspending all volunteer activities from Wednesday 18 March 2020. This includes group led walks, Walking for Health schemes, all training including walk leadership training, path maintenance working groups, coach trips and holidays, meetings, group and social events. All Ramblers activities must stop until further notice. This applies from Wednesday 18 March, to at least until 31 May, subject to further developments.
Here will find all you need to know about us, our walks and, importantly, how to join in.
To join us just check out the trip and if it looks like fun then book.
Coach Fare Adult £15.00 Child £7.50
A quick summary of what we are all about would be:
- Coach trip once a month where you can forget the driving and the parking.
- Destinations include The Lakes, Derbyshire, Yorkshire Dales or North Yorkshire Moors. There is an occasional trip to Wales together with some closer to home.
- Four led walks for all abilities
A grade: 12, sometimes 14 or more, miles with significant gradient
B grade: about 10 miles with moderate gradient
C grade: about 8 miles. Similar to the B with less climbing
D grade: 6 or 7 miles. There could be the odd hill but there will always be enough time to tackle them.
- Independant walkers are welcome and catered for.
- Two coaches with pick-up points through-out East Lancashire.
- Depending on the season, there will be between 6 and 8 hours at the destination . Most walks are timed to give an hour of exploration in the town / village before the coaches leave.
- Total cost is £15 for adults and £7:50 for children.
The Ramblers' Association is a company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales. Company registration no. 4458492. Registered charity, England & Wales no. 1093577, Scotland no. SC039799.